Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Last Day of November

Autumn Sky 

 
Why have one snow figure when two will do?

I am sitting here, doing my Spanish lessons, listening with half an year to a special on the film, 
"Love Actually." to commemorate the film turning twenty years old (next year).  And just this moment realizing that while the file has been on my, "to watch" list for a few years I have not (yet) seen the film from beginning to end.  I have seen clips, of course, but not the film in its entirety.  

So, this year, again, the film is on my list to watch this holiday season.  

Note: I am not a huge "holiday film" fan.  

When the kids were young one of our traditions for Christmas eve was to queue up our favorite films (<i>it was usually their favorite films</i>) and snacks and treat ourselves to a movie marathon.  
Some of the films were holiday themed but mostly they were just films they liked (a lot).  

I know "Love Actually" is on a few "favorite (or best) holiday film" lists.  But, is it?  A holiday film? 

Perhaps this is the year I find out.  

9 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that I saw it once... but it must not have left a big impression. I hope you enjoy which ever film you pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will mull over many choices and will likely choose what I've seen before. The safe route. LOL

      Delete
    2. You're not anonymous! Squee

      Delete
  2. I loved 'Love Actually'! I mean, come on, Emma Thompson!!! Who cares what the holiday was : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well yeah, there is that! Hi-ever, there are many Emma T vehicles from which to choose. We shall see. :-)

      Delete
  3. What is a holiday movie depends on the beholder, ha. I love Love Actually, but how can it be 20 years old?!?!?!? Whoa. I consider When Harry Met Sally a holiday movie too, if only to give a reason to watch it annually. And, of course, Die Hard. Now there's a flood of holiday schlock thanks to Hallmark, so the classics seem even better, ha. Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Harry Met Sally is a stretch for me, but I see your point. Of course Die Hard gets the nod (my son's favorite growing up). The line-up hasn't been selected yet, it will come down to what DVDs we have and what may be streamed for no extra $ :-) Happy December to you.

      Delete
    2. True true, maybe When Harry Met Sally is more of a New Year's movie. :)

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.