Sunday, January 01, 2023

And Just Like That



The holiday season is officially (or unofficially, depending on who you ask) over. 

There were precious few viewings of holiday movies (no "Love, Actually" though I did try--once I couldn't, the thrill *such as it was* for most anything was squashed). 

There was a marked avoidance of all holiday specials and except for promos, no holiday music.  

There were no Christmas cookie baking as we are not big Christmas cookie bakers / eaters.  

For all that wasn't there was much talking, laughing, eating, and acknowledging how grateful we are to have our health and miles and miles of good cheer. 


  





  

 

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! I am in love with the composition on the first photo above! Also, that's a sweet wreath, and a nice personal touch with the second.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Colette. I love the shapes in nature.

      Delete
  2. Happy happy New Year! I didn't watch a single holiday movie, either. Lots of music though. I get Christmas music through January 6th, the official 12th day of Christmas... although it seems this year lots of people put things up really early and took them down just as fast. To each their own... I am glad you had miles and miles of good cheer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a very Happy New Year to you! Earlier and earlier though I wonder, does it stay up longer? Some folks took advantage of the warm-up to de-deck their halls.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, D! I didn't put up much in terms of seasonal decoration - didn't even bother with my small fake tree. We were in the throes of an ice storm on the actual holiday but I was able to escape a couple days later and visit the Kid and Wee One. Good enough for me! I'm glad to read of your miles and miles of good cheer - that's what counts!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A visit with the kid and wee one sounds like a grand celebration. I'm happy your were able to celebrate.
      Happy New Year, Elizabeth.

      Delete
  4. I saw someone, the day after Christmas, say on-line, "364 days until Christmas and folks already have their decorations up." Well, it made me laugh.

    As I enter a new chapter (grandmother) my xmas viewing this year was mostly Mickey Mouse does Christmas movies. I am not complaining.

    Good cheer sounds like a perfect holiday! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! Each year (or maybe each decade?) brings new / different points of joy. I suspect I'll pivot as the surroundings call.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.