Sunday, December 10, 2023

Photograph and Memory


 

This is my third grade class.  I left this school after third grade so most of the folks pictured I never saw again.  This class photo is but one of two I have throughout my years in elementary school.  The other is a photo from kindergarten.  I'm sure (mostly) that there were photos taken but I don't have them.  they were either lost in one of our many moves or...   

It is also possible that I missed class photos as I transferred to a lot of schools.  Spending half a year in one and finishing in another.  I may have mentioned that by the time I was in 8th grade, I'd attended eight elementary schools.  

While I did spend the 4 years in a single high school; I didn't make friends easily and didn't really feel comfortable in school until my senior year.  

I was mildly excited to put all those years behind me.  

Except they were never behind me.  Or, at least, not for a long, long, time.  





6 comments:

  1. I love this picture, there is so much beauty in youth. Which one are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottom row, from left to right, last one. The girl with the button. :-)

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Let me guess - bottom, right?

    - 8thday (once again having problems commenting)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those smiling faces! I'm glad you have this and the kindergarten one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. Me too. Oddly enough, my younger brother asked me today if I had any early pictures of....HIM. LOL *I* don't but there might be some in a box of mom's stuff. Maybe.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.