Monday, July 13, 2026

summer sessions


 Or tigers. 


Every few weeks I have a snippet of a dream where I am in a room with a cat. The cat saunters about to and fro as cats are wont to do.  Surveilling the cat for several minutes, trying to figure out where it came from and more, where it is going---I take my eyes off it for a minute only to then see a tiger stroll toward me.  

The sight of the tiger not only renders me speechless but I also find that I am rooted to the spot I occup.

The stately creature continues to advance.  

The end is always the same, I wake up.  




7 comments:

  1. I never experience such symbolism in my dreams, but I would interpret this as the cat representing your docile self and the tiger representing your fierce self that, perhaps, is yet too apprehensive to fully come out.

    And yes, I have absolutely no credentials to even hazard a guess about dream interpretation: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fascinating dream, and for it to be recurrent... much symbolism! What do you think it means, D?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of think it means I shouldn't have strawberry shortcake so late in the evening. LOL (seriously, it's a perplexity for sure).

      Delete
  3. Amazing dream. Have you googled "What does a tiger mean in a dream?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't considered that. Now I shall. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm, that is fascinating. It could be something bad, like a feeling of underlying threat, or it could be what 8thday said, which I love -- that it's outsides and insides, and your insides are FIERCE. I had a childhood recurring nightmare where I was in a pool with dolphins and one by one they turned into sharks, but there is something powerful about a single cat turning into a rippling tiger creeping up on you. Would love to know what you find out about symbolism!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.