Thursday, January 04, 2007

Seconds Minutes Hours

Here we are in 2007. I have crept ever so gingerly into this new year. In these 3 going into the fourth full day, I’ve probably logged 15 hours of sleep. Starting the new year with a visit from my least favorite aunt, I’m sure has been hampering my sleep, focus, and the anxiousness that has crowded me like post holiday shoppers.

While the calendar has flipped, not much is different for me. I’m operating on a fiscal year. My year really began last June. Since that time, I have increased my on-line presence. I’ve made some really wonderful connections. Friends. I will continue to work to cultivate those relationships as they have become precious to me. Ladies,(you know who) you are truly the greatest!

I registered with a few on-line meeting sites with the purpose of meeting women-lesbian women who were interested in friendship, leading to relationship. Some progress has been made The plan is to get out more socially on a local front as well. Hope remains.Work continues.

Joining a gym last year opened up another realm of realizations for me. That continues.

As you may imagine, my hopes, dreams, desires, are tied to those of my son and daughter. The appearance of 2007 is somewhat bittersweet, in that, I’ve been warned that Michael will move out this year, quite possibly by Spring. While pleased for his level of success that will allow that progression-I will miss his face, humor and wet towels. I do, however look forward to receiving letters and phone calls from him and having him over for spaghetti. He loves spaghetti. I don’t know what the year will bring for him with regard to his theatrical or writing pursuits. I do know that he will continue to work hard and be at his best. That is just the kind of guy he is.

Danielle began a new job in the last quarter of 2006. She’s had some excellent days and some not so. She enjoys being around the dogs, not so much the cats, but she’s getting used to handling them. Lately, the talk has turned to classes. She’d like to pursue real estate as a career. Research, work and quite possibly a trip or two to the mall will be in order, I’m sure.

My mom’s health status is becoming more and more a concern. She receives excellent care on the medicinal front. The psychological is suspect. More intervention may be warranted. The progressive lack of mobility will necessitate some serious choices in the coming months.
.
Many strides have been made, there are more to come. There are projects galore in home, towards that end some opportunity to obtain some new skills spark enthusiastic pistons.


Some interesting and exciting adventures are on the horizon. It is my continued desire to pursue as many of them as possible. If I were to adopt a mantra, it would probably sound something like, keep on keeping on.

Or...it’s time for bed you ninny–get some sleep.




11 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you sleep less than I. That's probably not a good thing.

    Your positive outlook, however, is a VERY good thing. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. follow your dreams. let nothing stand in the way. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This NY was unique in that I felt a literal shift on January 1st. Things are changing and I am the catalyst. It provides me with a great sense of accomplishment!!!
    January 1st or not, it sounds like you are making some great changes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to sleep, Deborah. It's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day at a time, it will all unfold! I am excited for your new year! May you meet women as amazing as you are Deborah! Hang in there.
    And Power NAPS are good if you can't sleep all night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have your mid-year well planned. I hope there are many fun surprises for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faith and that positive attitude will keep you going... I'm sure it's gonna be a good 'rest of your year'!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've enjoyed the beginnings of our friendship, Deborah, and look forward to chatting much more in future days. Your 2007 looks somewhat like mine. Lots of hopes, a sprinkling of dreams, a few concerns, and a lack of sleep!

    Race you to the pillow!

    :o)

    Take gentle care,

    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! Been there, done that, and it can really be a lot of fun. Worst case--you'll have great bad date stories to blog about...best case--you'll make a numinous connection. http://www.hahnathome.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Sounds like you are on the right track...good attitude and all. I'll be dealing with a child leaving home this year too and the best I can do is look forward, like you said, to his coming home for holidays and spaghetti:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey you have it so together its scary! I can't tell you what is going to happen 3 hours from now woman! I hope your new adventures this year might include a trip down the Payette river with a boat full of other lesbian bloggers...

    oxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.