Sunday, July 13, 2008

Continuation

18. Who was the last person you emailed? RC

19. Ever go camping? Are you nucking futs? That is to say, no, I've never been camping.

20. Do you have a tan? I was born with a tan. Well, truth be told, not fully. Family lore relates that it took a few days for the color on my fingers and toes to appear all the way to their respective tips.

21. Do you drink your soda with a straw? Presuming, of course, that I drink soda which I so very rarely do. On those few occasions, no, I do not use a straw.

22. What did your last IM say? It said, "success!! 1 wheat left, I nabbed it!!"

23. Are you some one's best friend? Yes, I've been told by two individuals that I am indeed their best friend. I feel very lucky to have both of them in my life.

24. What are you doing tomorrow? That sounds eerily like my mother's, "what's on your agenda for tomorrow?" Well, work. It will be Monday and I will be working from around 8 am to 4:55 pm. Beyond that, who knows?

25. Where is your mom right now? Right this second, I hope she's in bed in her apartment. Her apartment is about a mile away from my humble abode.

26. Look to your left, what do you see? My printer and a shelving unit holding various stuffed animals, digital camera & printer dock, photos, books, greeting cards and mementos.

27. What color is your watch? Black and silver

28. What do you think of when you think of Australia? "The Crocodile Hunter" and kangaroos

29. Would you consider plastic surgery? Plastic surgery makes me think...operations on Tupperware. Would I consider cosmetic surgery? Generally speaking, no.

30. What is your birthstone? Ruby

31. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive-thru? Well, since I don't have a car and most fast food management frowns upon walking or riding your bicycle through the drive-thru, I go inside. Though, I tend to stay away from fast food joints, as a general rule of thumb. Some weeks, I am weak.

32. How many kids do you want? I have all I've ever wanted, if I did in fact, want them. I don't recall ever really having the thought..."I want kids" but I suppose as they are, you know, here, I must have, if even for an instant, wanted. Of course after having had them, I can't imagine life without them. Do I want any more? No, I don't. Grandchildren, perhaps.

33. Do you have a dog? Technically she's the daughter's dog, but I take turns at feeding, walking, petting and loving, so yes, I do have a Diamond of a dog.

34. Last person you talked to on the phone? Neta. It's always Neta.

35. Have you ever met anyone famous? No, not really.

36. Any plans today? Well, today is pretty much done. I plan to go to bed in about an hour.

37. How many states have you lived in? Just the one, this one, Illinois.

38. Ever to go college? Yes, for awhile. The plan is to continue, someday.

39. Where are you right now? At home, in my "corner office" listening to music, sipping a cocktail and completing this exercise.

40. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? That I'll probably finish my cocktail before I finish this post.

41. Last song listened to? This.

42. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all time time? Tan Vans (not quite, but close) that I try to convince myself go with everything. They don't really, but they are soooo comfortable.

43. Are you allergic to anything? Hmmm...weird, Neta asked me this question (specifically related to food(s) though, just this evening. I did have allergies to citric acid and citrus fruits. I think I still do, to a degree but they've lessened as I've gotten older.

44. Are you jealous of anyone? No, not really.

45. Is anyone jealous of you? Beats me, I don't know why anyone would be.

46. What time is it? 11:51 p.m.

47. Do any of your friends have children? Nearly all of my friends have children / adults who were once children. Neta (& my own son and daughter) are about the only people I know (besides co-workers and at least one family member) who don't have children.

48. Do you eat healthy? Generally, save the weak moments.

49. What do you usually do during the day? I don my super-hero costume and scour the world looking for wrongs to right. During the slow times I scour my insurance company's dentist directory looking for a new dentist.

50. Do you hate anyone right now? No. In my experience hate punishes the hater more than the hatee.There are much more constructive uses of my time and energies. Present exercise excluded. I thought for a long time that I hated my father ( & at various points, my brothers) but I don't think I ever really did.

51. Do you use the word hello daily? Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I do.

52. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 48. Forty-eight. 4 8 I'll be turning 48 in 16 days. Yum, as I plan to have cake, a good cake.

53. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes, even before (the one here in Illinois) was called Six Flags. I never enjoyed amusement parks as a child and if not for my own kids would likely have not stepped into another as an adult.

54. How did you get one of your scars? A few are carry overs from childhood. There were / are the obligatory bicycle and playground falls. I have a scar on my left index finger from an adult mishap with a knife. I also have a scar on my back from a lipoma removal.

Whew done, except for the questions posed in the comments from Post 358, What sound do I hear right now? The music and the jingling of the Diamond's tags. What bug do I hate the most? I'm not really freaked out by bugs, I do get the heebie jeebies when I see creepie crawlies, but not so much that I can't dispatch them. I suppose if I had to pick...spiders, centipedes and millipedes would take the prize.

And...am I going to have a nice weekend? Well, I did. It wasn't deliriously wicked, but it was peaceful and chock full of sporting events. I even got to see my daughter play soccer, what a treat!

Ta ta for now.

2 comments:

  1. Whew, that was definitely a good one to break into two entries. When you have two people who consider you their best friend, life is very good indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that was very interesting. I always learn new things about people when they do these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.