Monday, November 17, 2008

Brain Dump

So many thoughts, so many lists, so many things floating around and I’m having a hard time corralling them all (or any) in any coherent fashion so... random

1. Speaking of random, I still owe her a MeMe effort. I haven't forgotten & I intend to do it.
2. I’m dreaming more (or remembering more). The dreams are nutty, dis-jointed little romps.
3. Daughter insists on getting a drink or some food (or both) before) I begin my dream recitations.
4. I tend to meander when I’m in my re-telling of the dream.
5. I’ve just begin reading
Wangari Maathai’s memoir Unbowed. I am struck by what she said the relationship she & her mom shared: In all the years we were together, my mother and I never disagreed. WOW.
6. Both Neta and I are having "MOM” issues right now.
7. I haven’t talked with Neta much over the past week as she’s been ill and not up to chatting. Boo
8. I’m actually looking forward to the cooler temps, though I do still need to winterize the unit.
9. I can do without the snow.
10. Though we’ve had turkey for T-giving before, it was my mom who prepared it. This year I will.
11. I’m not at all nervous about that, but I am concerned over the veggie selections.
12. Son is in another show and though small, the role is pivotal & the show is quite enjoyable.
13. I’m not out at night too much these days.
14. It was weird being out so late last night.
15. I've got to start packing it in for the (work) day. Ta Ta

5 comments:

  1. Winterize... we need to do that this coming weekend.

    So what veggies are you thinking about cooking? We don't have to cook anything this year, we're heading down to Fran's brother in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most anything (besides beets, brussel sprouts or cabbage) different. The usual veggie fare, greens (turnip, mustard & spinach) is a fav and any alternative would only appeal to a select few.

    I could compromise a do a smaller greens pot & one of the various alternatives for myself and I probably will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never disagreed with MOM????? Are ya kiddin' me???!!! Wow doesn't begin to describe it!

    Hmmm... perhaps they've never spoken to each other??!!!

    Yeah, we're doing our own Thanksgiving at our house, for the 3 of us. You'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking that writer has selective memory. Everybody disagrees with their mother.

    Is it time yet to break out the favorite parka?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val: I know! Riiiight?

    Syd: I'm thinkin' sheesh.

    And Yes, as a matter of fact. I DID wear it today. I wore it, a long sleeve tee and 2 sweaters. (The office is chilly too) brrr.

    Sun's out though. Today.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.