Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm O K

I was a tad sore from my tumble but I'm feeling much better. Or at least I was until the storm and my normally 40-45 minute commute (including walking & waiting) turned into an over 2 hour ordeal at the end of which I had a heap of snow to clear from the front (and side) of the building.

These folks views were better and more artistic than anything I was thinking yesterday, or even so far today.

On the plus, today was the day of our Christm...no, our holid..no, heck, the company sponsored feed bag. The boss (at the last minute) decided to buy the few of us suckers workers not on vacation, lunch. Of course, he looked to me to find a place (he did give me slightly more than a day) to cater the non-eventful event. In very short order I thought of Jerry's. I've taken my lunch there on occasion and found it didn't suck. I asked and yes, they'd deliver and would accept a company check, sold.

The guys raved. The beer cheese (dip) tray with some kind of fried herb-y bread, pretzels and crisp bell peppers went over large. Big, big, plus, there is plenty for tomorrow and maybe even for the suckers guys who'll be at work on Friday.

Today's minus, our telephone system went whackadoodie. The boss is not amused. Of course, it'd been giving us warnings for months. Warnings that went un-heeded. But, shhhhh you didn't hear that here. Hopefully, our repair guy, "Daryl" will be able to secure the part for our antiquated system by tomorrow morning and that said part is indeed, the problem (he diagnosed via telephone). Otherwise. . . gosh, I wish I could take tomorrow off.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, congrats on making the ole 'office party' good. This is a big feat in itself!

    And I hope you're okay from the fall, wow be careful!!!!! This stuff gets scarey when we get older, too much can break & go wrong.

    It snowed here last night as I was driving home from the airport. Big ass flakes. Luckily it all was washed away today in the rain. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, beer cheese.

    Glad to know you're not seriously hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you weren't hurt, Deb! And it is not even Christmas and I am so damn sick of snow that I could screech. Last night was another ice storm, so Liv and Bing are home from school, but I have a heavily loaded day, so in a few moments, I will venture out into this mess.

    Our Christmas lunch was yesterday and it was a potluck. We had four trays of summer sausage and cheese, several bowls of doritos with dipping sauce, one crock pot of potato soup (that was gone before I sat down) and let's see....the rest was typical holiday fare with plates of brownies, rice krispy treats, pies, lemon bars and my plate of bakery cookies.

    Of course, we ate like pigs. And all had sausage breath for the rest of the day. Hope your Friday goes well, Deb...I just saw the Chicago weather...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My department is having our Christmas dinner on Monday. I'm hoping there's so much ice from Sunday's storm that school is cancelled, so our party is cancelled. I'm not a fan of office parties.

    Glad you were okay from the fall.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.