Monday, May 22, 2017

Color Me This


She spoke with an accent. I don't have an ear for that kind of thing, so I do not know the origin of her speech, only that it is different from my own. So much about her is different. That is, in part, the pull of the attraction. At least on my side. I do not know if she feels the pull in the way I do, that too, may be a difference between us. 

Thus is a beginning that has niggled my brain for days and days and days. I haven't been able to get too far beyond this beginning. But I hope that with the warmer (most days, last Thursday and Friday not-with-standing) weather, longer daylight hours, high hopes of evening bike rides, and the settlement of some worries will help dis-lodge the story (any story) the twists just beyond my grasp..

In the meantime, here we go barreling toward the end of May where many thoughts turn toward summer days and fun times. As much as I have always loved summer, I yearn to slow the pace toward those months, toward savoring the flavors of May (and Spring) and the stories these days have in store to tell.

Welcome to this May Day. Color it as you will.

ENJOY MORE MMB! 


  

12 comments:

  1. The days are longer, but oh so fleeting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sweet air of the long summer days with things to do will allow your mind time to dislodge all those wonderful stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thinking of a story like a pebble at the bottom of the shoe. And then one day you can unlace the shoe and... voila... the story rolls out and stops bothering you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, that was just a made up story? Damn. You had me going . . .

    Well, springtime is for lovers. I hope the story finds a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is.

      I trust it shall in some form or another.

      Delete
  5. The part of India I live in experiences moderate climate all the year round. I long for winters and wish the summer goes away soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many folks around these parts clamor for the chill and bleakness of winter to step aside. I can see how a year round moderate climate may leave a body wanting for something else, if even for a wee bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I color it hopeful, and I dedicate the sentiment to you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.