Friday, January 08, 2010

Could Be Worse

No amount of cat crack could entice either of my boys to take up the cause, but prehaps it was just as well, given the work-out factor and all. Shoveling snow first thing, as a before work activity is not my favored way to ring in the day, but it had to be done. It is, as they say, what it is.



Still, it could have been worse, they were predicted upwards closer to 12 inches, I think we wound up with half that, if that. We're not out of the woods yet, more snow is on the way as well as colder temperatures . . . nothing like the Dakotas though. Damn, that's beyond cold.

If it has to snow, I hope it does so overnight. I'd rather shovel in the morning than during the day, or later in the evening. Except of course, I'd rather it not snow over this night as 1. my shoulders are still a tad sore over this morning's shoveling and 2. I have an early morning appointment to braid some hair.

Speaking of which, I should be in bed and as soon as I finish my (one drink) wink eb, I'll be off.

Toodles.

6 comments:

  1. Lol... yeah I think I was finishing my one drink around the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... and good luck with the snow and the cold but I love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the bicycle in the snow. Stay warm and safe out there! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we got more than you did! Very cold today, but you are right, it is way worse in the Dakotas. My sis lives in Minot. It is brutal there! No thanks, this is bad enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:26 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:37 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.