I've been guaging things on by scales lately. It's probably an offshoot of all the surveys I've been participating in lately. Or maybe it's a by-product of all the new juggling, rationalizing, and prioritizing I have to do at work now-a-days. Or maybe it is the result of the extra home stuff due to the extra person and re-adjusting to having a six foot tall man who was once my little boy, with his pizza and chocolate frosted doughnut penchants tormenting me every other day.
Whatever . . . every question, every issue, every thought is run through a numbered meter. On a scale of 1 to 10, how . . . etc. I probably always did, think in (& make decisions based on) scales, or degrees. But for some reason lately, it seems louder, or more obvious, or . . . something.
So, I thought I'd make it a feature, a device. Features are fun, yes? Yes. A weekly feature. this week's theme, annoyances.
On a scale of 1 to 10: (1 being, "heh, I'm oblivious to your stuff, doesn't annoy me a'tall" and 10 being, "oh for the love of Ivy! Please STOP NOW!!")
How annoying is / was:
1. the lady on the train who cracked her gum so hard and so loud that I thought she was breaking walnuts. 10
2. forgetting my ip*d shuffle at work twice in one week, leaving me more vulnerable to events like (see #1) 7
3. my downstairs neighbor who came home inebriated (again) and couldn't talk his front door into just opening for him (again). 8
4. the vendor who called to ask why we / (I) short paid an invoice (again) and I had to explain (again) that we / (I) deducted for a product not received. 6
5. my brother(s) especially, the younger. 9
Feel free to play along, share, vent, or whatever. I'm all ears, or rather, eyes.