Monday, January 26, 2015

Looking Back

#Microblog Monday


If you'll recall, his time tlast year I was struggling to get through the Mandala prompts. And as recent posts relay, I'm still working to complete the 31 prompts. Number 24 (Desire here I come.) I was also frustrated over the sounds of silence from a particular person. Later in the year I lamented over the loss of a friend.. The friend and a particular person, same.

Silence, still.

Going back to January two years ago, my dad had died the previous September, it was cold and well, There is much going around these parts, most of which I have yet to truly wrap around my head and wear it brightly. I'm worried about a some friends. I'm distressed over job, work issues. I'm fearful for my mom. I am harried, heckled, haunted, and hounded much.

I ended post on a positive tip, trying to walk toward the very faint flow at the end of the tunnel.

Well, that light was doused when my mother died within a month of that post.

And now, looking back over 2013 and 2014 combined there were certainly more low points than high Despite my determination to find that silver lining around every single dark cloud; I tried to keep my spirits high, the creativity flowing, and life moving forward.

More than anything I tried mighty hard not to wallow.

Some days I wallowed. Some days I wallow, still. .

Yet, I look back to look forward; to finish what I start, to create opportunities to c-r-e-a-t-e to embrace my memories, to be present and to rev the engine as needed.






9 comments:

  1. You'll get there. Some years just aren't worth remembering...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it's appropriate to wallow, so please allow yourself to do so. But, definitely take the impulse to create seriously, and allow it room to flourish. It is a restorative like no other.
    Sending you thoughts of peace, warmth, and luscious creativity...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to allow. Yet, challenging to move beyond.

      I receive your thoughts and wrap them about my shoulders.

      Thank you.

      Delete
  3. I wanted to comment something wise and wonderful but in truth I am also a wallower. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, unless the wallowing takes over control. And then yes, you need to rev those engines. Easier said then done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And so you did comment something wise and and wonderful. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hoping good times are just round the corner for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this line so much: "I look back to look forward." It changes the concept of reflection; turns it towards the positive.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.