Wednesday, July 17, 2019

A Whole New Month (A While Ago)!

Good Day! 

Every day I haven't posted is a day that I haven't done a bunch of things I have had intent to do. I check in for work for that is how the fruit gets on the table (oh yes, eating more fruit and loving it, it IS summer, dontchaknow!) but beyond work and walking the dog and keeping the floors clear of dust bunnies and cat vomit not a lot is getting done.    

Except, 

I joined an accountability group toward helping me to set and achieve week to week goals.  On the plus, mostly I've able to be successful. But for the items I focus on in any given week takes all the motivation and energy for anything else.   

Not good.   

However, that being said, I feel the tide turning.   

To that end, I found this note posting by a friend some years ago which I feel like I must have done at some point but I can't find that I've posted it anywhere. Well, it could have been tumblr but I don't use that anymore. Never really did yet I keep the name active. Why?

Anyhoo... 30 questions: 

1. Have you ever been searched by the cops? 
Yes. I may have mentioned that both of my brothers spent time  incarcerated. When you visit an incarcerated person you are searched. At least my mother and I were. 

2. Do you close your eyes on rollers coasters? 
No due to the fact that I don't get on roller coasters.   I used to and can't remember if I ever closed my eyes. Probably. Maybe.   

3. When was the last time you've been sledding? 
I don't know.  I took my kids (37 and soon-ish to be 34) when they were small but I don't recall going down and hills with them.  I have no memory of sledding during my own childhood. 

4. Would you rather sleep with someone else or alone? 
I'll qualify the answer by saying it depends on who the someone else is and as important, who they are to me.  

5. Do you believe in ghosts? 
No. Though I will allow that things have happened that I cannot explain. 

6. Do you consider yourself creative? 
I do. I wish I could generate the level of motivation to ACT on the creative thoughts more often. 

7. Do you think O. J. killed his wife? 
Sadly, yes.  

8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie? 
I'm not sure where this question was going. IF trying to ascertain my emotional or physical attraction to either then the answer is neither. I do think Ms. Jolie is the more substantial based solely on their public profiles but given that they both hooked up with BP kinda makes them invisible to me.  

9.  Can you honestly say you know ANYTHING about politics?  (The caps were part of the original list--why? Also, why is it presumed questions wouldn't be answered honestly?)    These days I know too much about politics.  My body wants to stop, but my mind won't. WE are in trouble. 

10. Do you know how to play poker? 
LOLOLOL  well, I know the rudiments of some of the games. I remember watching some Texas Hold 'em shows. But, I wouldn't play anyone for any actual money (or honor!( 

And I think I'll stop here.  I know the beginning says 30 questions and there are 30 but I won't do all thirty here and now since I've gone long on this inaugural post for July. 

I shall be back before July is over. 

Maybe. Hopefully.  Place your bets. 


6 comments:

  1. I have long made to-do lists and made myself do the first thing on the list everyday. These days the top chore may have to be broken down into smaller tasks but I still get through it first, even if it takes a few days. (Anything else completed is a bonus)I find it has helped me do those chores that would forever be ignored.

    I was laughing when I read your question "have you ever been searched by a cop". Not that it was funny in your situation, but it is in mine : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will share your funny story someday.

      I have made lists for years too. Normally a very effective tool to getting things done. Now I am finding I need something more to move from inaction to action even for things I enjoy or that I know are (ultimately) good for me.

      Delete
  2. Oh gee, each question would make a terrific stand alone post. I could write for paragraphs about a couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I had a similar reaction to some of these (and the rest).

      Delete
  3. Sometimes the effort of getting out of bed is all we have to give for the day. So, kudos to you for doing that day in and day out.

    I know that motivation comes from within but if you find a secret for unlocking it, I do hope that you will share...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell you, some days after I clock out of the time clock I all but collapse (after walking the dog, of course). :-)

      I most certainly will share any secrets. That is how "squad" works. :-)

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.