Saturday, November 02, 2019

And Just Like That




Inktober has come to an end.  So many of those who participated in the challenge were professionals who were taking the journey for a specific kind of challenge; re-invigorating creativity, following specific themes (one artist limited themselves to creating in a triangle) or doing animals, portraits, or plants.  Many, like myself were amateurs who were looking to form a habit, hone some skills, learn something new, or simply to be inspired.  Which, is not so simple. 

As the postings over the last couple of days attest, several of us participating will have a hard time saying goodbye. 

I'm overjoyed to have kept up and completed the challenge.  I'm equally overjoyed to be seeking ways to keep a daily practice going.  In addition to following the prompts from the 2018 Inktober I will also be trying a pencil challenge.  Pencilvember is on the way. 

Happy November.


  

4 comments:

  1. Pencilvember! YES!
    Congratulations on completing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm doing it, ain't digging it (yet) but doing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on completing the challenge! I love, love, LOVE "Ride." I think it may be my favorite. Good luck with Pencilvember, that one doesn't sound quite as natural as "Inktober" for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. "Ride" was well received by a few. Pencilvember was interesting. I found (am finding) that it helps to have proper / sufficient tools to do what is in one's head. The December challenges are called Draw-cember (or some variation thereof). Most have a Christmas-y theme but some don't. I'm opting for those that don't.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.