Thursday, August 17, 2006

More Ado About Nothing Much

This by way of SassyFemme by way of Courtney by way of...who comes up with this stuff? Many Memes that I come across, though interesting, have questions that I find honest or flippant replies problematic-this, though a bit long-seemed different, so I thought, what the heck!

1. How tall are you barefoot? 5' 6"
2. Have you ever been cheated on? Yes
3. Do you own a gun? No-not even toys (water & such)
4. What do you think of hot dogs? Probably the worst food on the planet-especially for us sodium conscious types-but a good all beef Vienna Jumbo frank loaded with fresh lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, hot peppers on a warmed poppy seed bun, can be hard to resist.
5. What's your favorite Christmas song? Deck the Halls
6. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee-hot with just a smidgen of skim milk.
7. Do you do push-ups? Yeah, the girly ones
8. Have you ever done ecstasy? NOPE
9. Do you like Disney World? Conceptually, I guess. Haven't been--not that into amusement parks
10.Do you like the rain? Anything that will keep me from having to haul out that hose-you betcha!
11.Do you own a knife? Well yes, for which to cut up my chickens n fish n stuff
12.What do you smell like? A woman who has showered with Aloe scented Ivory body wash-unless you are sniffing me right after a workout-in which case I smell slightly...different.
13.Do you have A.D.D.? No
14.Full initials? -sorry no can do-
15.Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I should have put the chicken on an hour ago.I should get clothes ready for work. How YM's audition went.
16. Name the last 3 things you have bought today: Lime flavored sparkling water, bananas, Coke
17. Name five drinks you regularly drink: Water (spring, sparkling, tap & flavored), coffee, skim milk, low sodium V8 and tea (usually green)
18. What time did you wake up today? 5:15 a.m.
19. Can you spell? Probably wouldn't win any BEES, but yes, I can spell. As it is a pet peeve, I double, triple check-I get very testy when I make a spelling and/or typing error.
20. Current worries? Will I feel safe, will it BE safe enough for our planned trip to Vegas in October. Will YM get the part he wants-soon? Will YL find someone to do her hair for under $200.00?
21. Current hate? Annoyed & frustrated with and over much, but no hate.
22. Favorite place to be? Home
23. Least favorite place to be? Anyplace that might put me at risk for falling in water.
24. Where do you want to go? Vegas, because I promised-otherwise, I could get with Taos, NM
25. Do you own slippers? Yes-but I really don't like them-must replace soon.
26. Where do you think you will be in 10 years? Talking a steam after my workout, asking myself my wife when YM and YL are going to stop their globetrotting, settle down and start families-for Eve's sake.
27. Do you burn or tan? I am special dark chocolate by nature's choice-No sunning on purpose.
28. Yellow or blue? Blue with yellow accents.
29. Would you give up your current life to be a pirate? Only if I didn't have to be on a ship and there was no marauding involved-so maybe that's a no.
30. Last time your cell rang? Uhm, this is really hard. I'm going to say...1999? No cell for awhile-need to bite the lime though and get re-connected.
31. What songs do you sing in the shower? "Natural Woman"
32. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? My dad
33. How much cash do you have on you? $5.00, oh wait, $4.50.
34. Last thing that made you laugh? YM's mimicry of Strother Martin's character in Cool Hand Luke
35. Best bed sheets you had as a child? -nothing special-
36. Worst injury you've ever had? Nasty infection spread over several fingers due to eczema outbreak & resultant scratching and pawing-ouch.
37. Where have you been out of the US? No where yet--traveled to Canada, vicariously through YM-working on my own travel points.
38. Who is your loudest friend? YL
39. Who is your most silent friend? Von
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Unbeknownst to me
41. Do you wish on stars? Absolutely, every bit helps.
42. What song did you last hear? Carly Simon's "Attitude Dancing"
43. What song do you want played at your funeral? NOT a funeral! A memorial? or better yet, a brunch-where Dianne Reeves' "You Bring Me Joy" and other uptempo tunes will reverberate.
44. What were you doing at 12:00 last night? Reading
45. First thought upon waking up this morning? Damn, YM beat me to the shower, again.

9 comments:

  1. Can you spell? No I kan't. Crikey, who makes up this crap?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:55 AM

    If you make it to Taos, be sure to eat at Orlando's. Very importantly, save room for the flan. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, i'm a hypocrite. I broke down and did one. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked reading this. Disney's more than an amusement park, it's an experience! You were still up at midnight, and then got up at 5:15? Thinking about that makes me want to yawn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ymmm, Orlando's--making note-Thanks, diane.

    Bent: 1-you know my response to this and 2-tehetehe. gotcha

    Yeah, sassy 4 - 5 hours is about my average these days-yawn is precisely right.

    gunfighter: and?

    Elizabeth: your secret is safe with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and eb..ahh, gee tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the tats--too awesome, too hot, and well, yowzah!

    The wishes? i take them in the spirit they're offered. Heart; willing, able and more than ready.

    I am woman, hear me roar. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.