Monday, December 10, 2007

Cat Nap Change

The event of the season is fast approaching. Catsablanca! Treats and prizes and no foolin’ all black and black/white cats are 50% off. One Day Only! If you’re in the ‘hood, into cats, stop in, say hello and by all means adopt a kitty!!

Now, my own adopted from the ACL kitty, Pete has steadfastly refused to listen to several reasoned and carefully modulated arguments surrounding his late night activities. His 4 am routine became a 3 am routine which quickly became a 2 am routine. The consistent two a.m. routine being the line in the sand. As it was becoming more and more difficult to ignore his insistent pleas for play, as some experts suggest and he wouldn't listen to reason, it has become necessary to give Pete his own night time space and to adopt a bed time routine.

Prior to bedtime we enjoy our quality playtime, the hunter is rewarded and then bid a fond good night. Pete has his food, water, can tend to his personal hygiene needs and if he chooses, can play all he wants without disturbing anyone, namely me. My sleep is still sometimes interrupted ( I am 47) but not by the cat scratching fever of my cute tabby.

Pete and I will talk more about our mutually harmonious living, sleeping when I return from Tennessee. --I don't leave for 16 days--- s-i-x-t-e-e-n d-a-y-s

Here's looking at you kitty!


10 comments:

  1. OMG I hear you, re late night feline activities! I awake nightly to my home being redecorated by 16 tiny little paws gahhhhhh! Who could have anticipated that such small, meek-looking creatures could cause so much havoc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ever so much happier sleeping when Albert is NOT in my space.

    Good to know I'm nto the only cat mam that kicks the kitty out of their room at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Bob does some of the same shit. Only, we aren't wise enough to kick him out. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so cool how you have become such a PET owner. Those two both sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As we've had a really cool guest cat visit a couple of times lately, thank you for the reminder of yet another reason I don't really want to own another cat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah...Bing is allergic to cats and I am not fond of them. Sometimes, I am not even fond of the puppy. I am not a pet person, as a rule...but motherhood dictates a different life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know how this works. I've got a friend with a cat exactly like this.
    Counting down the daze I see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps Pete needs a playmate of the feline variety?

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you wake up tomorrow it will be a mere 12 days until your trip!!! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sassy-Pete might need a feminine cat playmate. Buuuut, no. Not here, not now. Maybe when Neta arrives with her cat(s).

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.