Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Feels Like Monday, May Even Rain

One of my co-workers steps into the doorway to let me know about the call parked on line one, “she wants to complain about a bill, or something.”

Me: I’m Deborah, how may I help you?

Caller: I got a bill from you people some time ago you with sales tax. Well, this is a school and we’re exempt. I faxed you a copy of the bill and the “tax letter”. Well, I got another bill and there is still tax. Could you take care of this?

Me: May I have the order / invoice number please?

Caller: uhmuhm…hold on… oh, here it is… is it…109918?

::I take a few moments to punch in 109918:: I discover, well, read on..

Caller: Oh wait, I think you…oh, the tax has been taken off. (In her fax she'd asked for 1. the tax to be removed and 2. a revised bill be sent. Since *I* do all that stuffs for the company, I know, for a f-a-c-t that the bill read: REVISED and a note was included--something about paying said bill.)

Me: Yes ma’am. (Inside I’m thinking how honored I am to have been chosen for this game, today. YaY!!!)

Caller goes on to gush about how sexy my co-worker sounds, “Is he tall? Dark? Young?”

Me: 1 for 3. Thank you for calling, we value your business, have a nice…yada x 3.

6 comments:

  1. Gack. People. I should not work with them. Good thing there are level headed people like you to do it. ;?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it.

    At least not without the occasional F-bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a stronger woman than I. Hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way would that woulda transpired if I'd been handling it... very impressive customer service skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have the patience of a saint... or at least really good self control until you disconnect the call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sucks to have your righteous indignation up and turn out to be wrong. I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.