Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gold and "The Boys"

With Abby out due to an injury I didn't expect the ladies to make it to the gold medal game, let alone pull off a win against the extremely quick, tenacious and physical arch rival, Brazil. Cheers!!
The Boys, as they have come to be known, are getting along famously. Buttah tends to take a more submissive stance in during their wrestling matches but it is clear he is no pushover. Pete, never able to get the drops on Diva Diamond, he's enjoying the power, even if it is fake.
Pete came to us one year ago today. Since then he's made a nuisance of himself, himself known what with the leg humping, midnight crawling, 4 a.m. cat calls for feeding (or whatever) and any number of his annoying amazing feline feats. Since then he's been pushed around by a short, stout, curly dog and has been able to mix it up with the orange eating machine*. Since then he's celebrated a birthday an has been able to avoid being dressed like a taco doll.
Since then he has allowed me to hug him so long as I don't hold on too tightly or for too long.
Since then he has become one of "the boys" though they are still out numbered by us girls.
*Buttah EATS much, but not for much longer. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle.

8 comments:

  1. Love those 'boys'! Very cute pic in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like quite a pair! I have three males, and the jockeying for supremacy never stops. But they seemed to have reach an understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that photo. They look as cozy as well...cats in a window...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you a little gift on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell me how one does strike throughs on the type on their blogger blogs. For example you strike through the word "annoying" in your post.

    I have not been able to figure out how to do it.

    Great photo in the window, really captures the personality of the cat.

    -janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Send them south to give my pets a lesson or 8. Mmkay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also? The menopapuse book in the background cracked me up. If it's any good, tell us the WHOLE title, wouldya?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys remind me of my boys.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.