Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hair: Exhibit A

It's been suggested by one blogger and then another that photos re: Reverent Hair should be offered. Here are those offerings. These are both afters, as Dani will rarely appear on camera without her hair and there just aren't many shots of me, suitable for this venue. Danielle spent the better part of Saturday morning getting her hair done. Having washed her natural hair the night before, she was ready for the stylist to begin immediately. The stylist braided Dani's short, thick hair in a circular cornrow pattern, different from this in that one continuous braid is fashioned around the crown. The hair pieces or tracks are sewn into the rows, layered and following the braid pattern. Dani had supplied the stylist with a photo of the style she preferred and according to her, Crystal, the stylist, nailed it. The process took 4 1/2 hours and cost $220.00, including the hair. I'm told a well done weave, with proper care, will last two months.
After work on Friday I went to the barber. The finished product shown here is a bit shorter that I generally would prefer, but the barber had no choice. My usual stylist, my son Michael, very busy with work and rehearsals, hasn't been able to fit me into his schedule. Impatient, what with trip preparations taking over my mind, I decided I could do it myself. Barber Jamie gracefully corrected my un-handiwork. My hair grows pretty fast, so it will be at the optimum length in pretty short order.

Mom came over Saturday to get her hair braided for her own home weaving session. She loved Dani's hair.

9 comments:

  1. Muy caliente, indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hair talk absolutely fascinates me. I'm guess I'm weird that way. Thanks for the pics. It's nice to now have a face with the name.

    Do you braid your Mom's hair or does your daughter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter never learned to braid. I braid my mom's hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have instant (well sort of) long hair but sitting for that long is just too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally! A face to go with the words. Thanks for the offerings.

    Dani's hair looks great. I'd have to be sedated to endure all that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:31 AM

    I don't know much about hair, but I'll tell you this: You look a lot like I imagined you.

    I like your face... it suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (You're) Beautiful! Short hair really suits you.
    LBPx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to have a face to go with the name and "virtual face."

    Your hair is the ultimate in wash and go, I think! It looks absolutely adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! What a great face to go along with that very excellent buzz cut!!! You look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.