Monday, September 18, 2017

Where Were Are We?

Recent foggy morning






Two hurricanes ago (so pleased to know folks I know -even virtually- fared okay, so sorry for many other folks did not fare as well) we were talking about my battle with bulge and such.. More talk about that, to be sure. But having had some difficulty framing fully fleshed posts, I offer these snippets:

1. My older brother who lives in Austin, TX is ignoring efforts of outreach from my younger brother and me. He does not want to be bothered. He had a birthday (Happy 59th) on the 6th of this month--which also happened to be the 5th anniversary of our father's death. 

2. I joined an FB based writing group of virtual friends and some former blogging buddies. Four prompts in and I haven't written a word. I'm not sure I'm up for these challenges. I may not stay. It may be too much to ask at this time. 

3.Getting over a cold which hit hard and fast. Never a pleasant way to usher in a new season. 

4. FALL? FALL! IT is nearly (officially) Autumn!! What da duck? 

5. My work has been crazy challenging, frustrating, and . . . exhausting. But, on some level, fun. 

6. Insurance companies are, by and large, horrible. Okay, some insurance companies. 

7. This recent battle with bulge and more has revealed that while I love collecting recipes, looking for and finding, interesting dishes to prepare that will fit within my goals, I feel overwhelmed at the idea of actually preparing any of these dishes. 

8. I don't really (have never, really) like cooking. Though, the process intrigues me.  

9. Yet, I've been told I'm a pretty good cook. Go figure. 

10. Still, I did manage to take some known ingredients in different, healthy, delicious directions.     

11. I'm not having a fireworks celebration or anything, but I did manage to get the scale needle to move in the other (correct) direction over the past couple of weeks. 

12. The real measure of success though, for me, shall be the too tight slacks being noticeably less tight. 

13. My brothers, dad, and aunt (A turning 80 this month) had me thinking, of course, out loud and in living color, about my mother. The  FB "On This Day" feature reminded me of something I posted in 2012 about a conversation she and I had. I may have written about it here, I didn't check because frankly, I was stunned by the memory. 

14. Everything from 2012, leading to February 2013 kicked up for me in recent weeks. 

15. All that said, and sickness aside, this old body managed to average 9,886 over the last seven days--topping off at 12,008 one of those days. 

Have yourself a pleasant Monday / week.
                                                           

                                                                       
More to Enjoy

8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of life. And life is (mostly) good.

    Congrats on the weight loss and awesome stepping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pardon the delay of the reply. Thank you for the congrats. I have been feeling good about the adjustment to day-to-day habits.

      Delete
  2. You sure said a lot in this list of 15! So happy to hear you've had some victory with the scales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much for micro. :-)

      Small victory, but I'll take it.

      Delete
  3. Whoa, so much here! Glad you are seeing the fruits of your labors. I feel that "On This Day" thing, because sometimes you check it out and it's pretty innocuous, and other times it launches you into a time you'd forgotten (sometimes for a reason). It can be a good reminder of past times too, but I haven't had much positive revelation from it personally. Great job with the stepping, and I hope things look up in the places where they're down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it.

      Thank you. :-)

      Delete
  4. Glad you are chugging along, D. Step by step, bit by bit... I'm there with you. It's hard!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.