Thursday, May 16, 2019

Comfort Food







Gooey.

Most food that comfort my body and soul have a couple of things in common. Primary among them, gooey-ness.

Think 3 cheese grilled cheese (with or without a side of tomato soup).
Think triple chocolate chip cookies.
Think molten chocolate cake.
Think macaroni and cheese (3 cheese, of course)
Think brownies, hot from the oven with a dollop of vanilla bean ice cream oozing over the top.

The point being is that is is May. May is a challenging month for me; Mother's Day and my mom's birthday bring memories good and otherwise floating to the surface challenging me not to overindulge in the comforts of good, gooey foods.


6 comments:

  1. Ain't nothin' wrong with a little comfort food to float your boat through some rough patches.

    Now I'm drooling a little.

    (BTW - your formatting is off - the type running off the page ike mine used to do)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, apologies for delayed reaction and reply. IF comfort food IS wrong, I don't wanna be right. :-)

      Thanks for the heads up on the formatting. I think I fixed it--at least it looks fine from my side of the screen.

      Delete
  2. These are the times that try women's souls. In other words, sometimes comfort food is what a body needs. Yes, some attention must be given to moderation, but getting through the rough times is what comfort food is all about.
    (Really want a 3 cheese grilled cheese sandwich now!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One fears that once on the ride, one won't want to get off. ;-)

    Three cheese grilled cheese sandwiches are life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you backwards in time as you navigated May... And holy crow. All that gooeyness has made me ravenous, and I've just had a lovely dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.