Saturday, December 14, 2019

Who Is This Person?


So, we're in full swing with December and all the draw antics it is bringing.  To say that not only am I still producing a sketch a day but thinking about how to render something, dreaming of images I somehow want to convey . . .  I tell you, it is blowing my mind. 

On a more practical note, I do need supplies (specific supplies like dark toned paper and white ink pens) and a better system of managing the supplies I have and those I will purchase somewhere down the road.

In the meantime, the household is growing accustomed to my new normal

To some degree. 

In other news, an old blogging friend (we're still connected via THE FB) just started breast cancer treatment.  And another (not a blogging friend but a long time FB pal) is burying her 21 year old son, lost to (in her words) addiction and depression. 

Reading of these events makes me both extremely sad and incredibly grateful.  However, for the moment, the sad is consuming me. I'm having emotional reactions (that is to say, tears rising to the surface) about nearly everything.  I'm sure the root of most of this--it being THE holiday season and all, cycles back to my mother. 

This shall pass I am sure. 

Welcome to Middle Girl's middle of December in the middle of some existential . . . event.


6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about the losses and traumas, D. This is a tough time of year, and we're in a tough time socially... so, yes, things can easily get teary. I'm sending you a strong virtual hug.

    In the meantime, well done you on the drawing. I really admire your determination and the art you have shared with us. I hope you continue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e. Your hug is felt.

      I fully intend to continue with the art and the sharing. I signed up for a January prompt challenge.

      Delete
  2. I am in awe of your transition to a sketch a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a long time coming. I am grateful to this mew normal.

      Delete
  3. I do believe that tears can help heal the heart and that it shows emotional health to shed them - especially in empathy for others.

    I do hope you are able to get the supplies you need to keep going with your drawing discipline. They are impressive. . .

    especially that drawing of a cat. Very realistic : ) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cat was a stinker, he wouldn't sit still! LOL

      Thanks for the support it means so much.

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.