Sunday, February 16, 2020

Remind Me Where We Were



I had a dream a few nights ago about . . . well, I don't really remember what it was about except that during part of it I was trying to avoid these people who were trying to entice me into eating lima beans. I don't know who they were or why it was so important to them for me to have lima beans, but there you have it. 

I has never able to recover the main part of the dream. The lima bean episode took over.    

Oh, by the way, I detest lima beans.  Or I used to.  I haven't had any in decades. I presume I would have the same violent reaction to a plate/bowl/spoonful of the dreaded legume.  It is a theory I'm not open to testing, thank you. 

/Group Dynamics






8 comments:

  1. I wonder what a psychoanalyst would make of the symbolism of lima beans? I suspect you simply don't like being manipulated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder too. Hmm

      I don't like being manipulated while awake I suppose the same holds true for sleep. ;-)

      Delete
  2. My sister hated lima beans and would always scootch hers onto my plate, and I would have to eat double or suffer her punishment later.

    Did any of the bean pushers in your dream have blond hair and green eyes? She may be on the loose again : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL The bean pushers were nameless, faceless monsters. Or, I just couldn't remember.

      Delete
  3. I join you in your abhorrence of lima beans. They fall into the category of 'not fit for human consumption'. I'm glad you stood up to those monsters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will always face the monsters. No lima beans for me.
      :-)

      Delete
  4. Lima beans! I HATED those growing up. I don't know anyone who makes them anymore though. Maybe lima beans are a thing of the past.

    LOVE your plants/flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe lima beans have slunk quietly away from existence. :-)

      Thank you! SO MUCH!

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.