Monday, September 21, 2015
Can you believe it, Monday September 21st?! And, in a couple of days, the first day of Fall. I am ready . . but not. I've been immersed in the medical billing training and creating cards; words and
images, and more; memories for my daughter's 30th coming in a little over two weeks.
And through it all, my mother appears, voice ringing in my ears, her image popping in and out of my mind's eye. I've been reflecting on the wise words of Rose Kennedy: “It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.”
It is possible to get tired of pumpkin spice marketing. Give it a rest already.
#Microblog Monday click the link to check out other MicroBloggers
Thursday, September 17, 2015
1. With daughter's birthday (23 days) coming and this loosely planned series (posted to FB) of micro-celebrations I've been looking at a lot of photos, bringing up a lot of memories, a lot of "feels." Thus staying on an even keel has been a bit of a challenge.
2. And staying on an even keel is vital given the medical terminology, medical billing, and ICD-10 CM proficiency lessons and testing. Cleared the first hurdle as far as the proficiency testing. I felt pretty good when I saw my score. I felt like break dancing. I didn't, of course.
3. School is back in session which means there are students on the buses during my commute. This is not a cheerful happenstance. Students (okay, not all but some) are obnoxious. And loud. (Not all, I said).
4. Something happened with our daffodils this season. Not just in my yard, but the entire neighborhood, possibly the town. I haven seen many blooms but precious few daffodils.
5. Pancakes are awesome. French toast even more so. Noting trumps an omelet (esp. Greek) though.
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Monday, September 07, 2015
It may be connected to my single status. It may be connected to my meager financial resources. It may be connected to my conscious effort to focus and stay on task. It may be connected to being bone tired by week's end and a little grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning is about all I can muster.
It may be all of that and then some.
While I am not looking forward to what lies beyond the likely, all too brief Autumn I am not particularly all that sorry to see summer fade this year.
Welcome to September.
Monday, August 31, 2015
Prefixes, suffixes, and roots. Polysyllabic words with origins steeped in Latin or Greek languages. Words are my friends. But these are like friends with whom one hasen't spoken in a very long time; the rhythm is off, the quality . . stilted.
And then there are triggers. My mother spent a lot of time with medical providers throughout her life. The last twenty were especially prolific with visits, procedures, diagnoses, and medications. Until finally:
The next few modules should present less emotionally charged material. I've read through part of The Urinary System and so far, so-so. Onward.