The first five questions. The second five. And now these. These kind of 'getting to know you' are full of ~favorites~. For the purpose of getting through these questions I've relaxed by aversion to naming favorites. In the case of these five questions, not that difficult. Changing the format a bit, rather than re-imagining the questions, showing the original in red and the new thought in blue. Turns out, not that much has changed in the years since my original responses. Easy set. 11. What is your favorite hobby?Toss up Bicycle. Drawing. Writing. Of late, I haven't been doing much of either of these things. It has become clear that the absence of these in my life is wreaking some kind of havoc. Things must change.
12. Do you have ADD? No. The answer is still no, though I'm beginning to have...something. 13. Do you wear glasses? Nearly 24-7. Trying to break the habit of sleeping with them on. (Still) And yes, still wearing glasses and yes, still falling asleep with glasses on. Certainly leaving the television on is connected. I need a radio. Or something that is not a television.
14. What was your favorite cartoon? Flintstones And to this day (though I haven't seen it in years) I remember with great fondness watching Fred, Wilma, Pebbles, Barney, Betty, Bam-Bam and of course Dino. One of the kids even bought me the live action film. John Goodman, Rick Moranis, Elizabeth Perkins, and Rosie O'Donnell as the Flinstones and Rubbles, classic. Well, I liked it.
15. Name three things you did today. Woke up. Worked. Ate. Woke up. Walked. Worked. Rinse and repeat. ~And happy for it. Welcome to another edition from the random blogger.
1. My daughter had knee surgery nearly a month ago. She's frustrated with . . . well, most everything really. Doing my part to keep her spirits up takes nearly everything I have.
2. I failed to commemorate my mom's birthday mostly due to being caught up with concern and care for daughter. It was the 26th of May. She would have been 78. I miss her--still.
3. My bike broke. Thanks to that and other factors I haven't pedaled at all (well, except for gym bikes--sparingly) at all this spring season. I have no doubt not riding is impacting my psyche.
4. I participated in a free web series designed to get my sketchbook mojo ticking. I'm trying to commit to sketching every day.
5. Remember the letter writing month project? I continue to receive lovely letters from members of that group initiative.
6. In addition to re-dedicating myself to sketching and writing (creative endeavors in general), I am also re-dedicating myself to health (I won't say weight loss, though that is the ultimate desired result) goals.
7. I dreamt that I went to a party. I was in a party dress. I woke up in sweats. (Literally and otherwise) ;-)
8. My skin has been on a tear. Atopic dermatitis. Frustrating. Painful. Annoying. Nearly healed--not nearly fast enough.
9. I miss this space/community. I want/need to make the time and effort to write (and visit others) more often.
They came to the city of my birth for this thing or that thing. The opportunity presented itself for us to walk-about, talk-about, see some public art as well as that on display in a world-renowned art museum. It was a great treat and an extreme joy to meet-n-greet them.