Friday, October 18, 2019

Life, Art, and the Pursuit

Day 12 Dragon 

Day 13 Ash 

Day 14 Overgrown 

Day 15 Legend 

Day 16 Wild 

Day 17 Ornament 

Day 18 Misfit


Even with the hard evidence I am finding it hard to fathom that 16, 17, and now 18 days in I have sketched and shared. Some of the sketches appeal to more more than others but I count the fact of allof them as a victory.

In the sharing of the images on varied social media with the identifying hashtag I've become part of a community. Mostly the community is inspiring and encouraging. However, some of the posts are mean and demoralizing.  I am choosing to focus on the better, more positive and uplifting bits. 

All things considered I am having fun. I feel like the practice is becoming a habit in a good way. 

Yes, we're still several days away from the thirty-first. No, haven't committed in my mind about what comes after. But for the moment I am pleased not to be one of the overwrought, overwhelmed, depleted of inspiration crowd in the #inktober community. 

For the moment, I am pleased with the fine feelings over my efforts, results, and with continuing. 





 



4 comments:

  1. I would think that this is a very calming, meditative practice. If you need some help with prompts after October, I'd be happy to oblige : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be calming and I expect, at some point, meditative. As you may have guessed, I haven't reached a level of 'zen' yet. ;-)

      Great to know! Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I am so very impressed with your Inktober output! These are all lovely sketches/pictures/pieces of art. Congratulations on joining in such a giant group project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good. I am glad to have the space in my life right now..or rather making the space.

      Thank you!

      Delete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.