Tuesday, October 01, 2019

OCTOBER

Inktober 2019  Prompt: RING 

October is a red letter month around these parts, first and foremost because it is the birth month of my only daughter. It is also LGBTQI History Month, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as well as, Squirrel Awareness Month. 

In fact, there are many national observances in the month of October. 

I heard about Inktober two years ago (as I recall) and have wanted to participate toward kick-starting
my sketchbook practices and giving my creative muscles a workout. 

Last year I did the first prompt too. But, I didn't share it anywhere or with anyone.  This year I'm hoping that by sharing here and on other social media platforms along with the community of artists participating in Inktober, I'll be moved to do more than the one. 

Not promising 31 images for the 31 days . . . or, am I?

Tomorrow's prompt: Mindless.   

6 comments:

  1. You are quite talented. I really like that drawing. Lots of creative decisions and visual drama. Go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beauty to start off with!
    The thing I like about these sorts of challenges is that one can participate as much or as little as one likes. I do the November writing challenge because I love it. I haven't shared my output with more than a couple of people but that's ok because I do it for myself. That said, thanks for sharing this drawing with us!
    Cheers!
    (And, happy birthday to the Daughter!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm really pushing to get back into a creative, productive flow. Have been talking about it for a few years. Now time to do the darn thing.

      You're welcome.

      Thank you. The actual day is still some days away but the clock starts at 10/01. :-)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! And, um, Squirrel Awareness day? This is a super active time, and I have screamed, "NOOOO! DON'T GOOOO!" a bunch of times already and have not hit a single squirrel (but maybe endangered my own life once or twice). I wish your daughter a happy birthday month, and you a happy LGBTQI month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The month of October is big for squirrels, apparently.
    Thank you for the well wishes and the compliment.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.