Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Rev Up

It's that time of year. No, not that, yet.

Delivery of the 2007 calendar refills, however, spell the beginning of budget talks. Visions of sugar plums may be dancing in some heads. Mine is filled with talk. Talk of revenue, health insurance premium increases, revenue, cost-of-living increases, revenue, postage, revenue, catalog production costs, revenue, and still, more revenue.

To quiet the cacophony of costs versus revenue talk going on in there, I turn my mind towards my own year end assessments and projections for the coming year.

When 2006 began, I was a 45 year old, divorced mother of two, seeking answers to silent questions.

I am now a 46 year old, divorced mother of two, with much shorter hair. Some of the questions have been answered. Some questions remain.

They are, however, no longer silent.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like progress, Deborah... and I don't just mean the kickin' haircut. :) Here's to progress, and answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Is that the sound I've been hearing? ;)

    nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. I'll have to go back in your archives and read to find out what was going on last year at this time, huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing how much life can change in a year, even a few months.

    Im so glad things are going grand for you hunny, and you've found your place, you deserve the best and your so loved.

    Ok enough gush, Im still trying to get my head round the fact that your 46. I swear to god you look in your thirties, thats what I thought!

    Kisses hunny bunny XxXxXxXxXxXxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore budget talks. Almost as much as answering no-longer-silent questions.

    2007 is gonna be your year, woman. I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:24 PM

    sometimes - shorter hair can make you think more clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:53 PM

    I agree with Weese...short hair takes a lot of weight off the mind and allows you to find answers. Good luck lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Your visit is much appreciated.